The Role –
This position will be responsible for participating in the planning, execution, and controlling of implementation projects and processes that support our Transformation roadmap. Core activities will include creating and maintaining project plans and schedules, coordinating cross-functionally to understand and manage interdependencies and conducting proper scope and risk management.
This is a collaborative role that will work with a cross-functional team of business, functional process leads and IT personnel to understand the current state and to define the future state of the user experience. The person in this role should understand or be willing to learn about industry standards and best practices for digital transformation. This role will support the business in effectively articulating the business requirements for technology solutions, defining the user experience, developing a future vision and a roadmap, and providing consultation during project implementations.
What You’ll Do -
Project Management and Administration
- Effectively applies project management methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Supports project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
- Takes meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs follow-up
- Assists in development of presentations
- Creates and executes project schedules and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to partners
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes GBST’s exposure and risk by managing scope and mitigating risk on project
- Create business requirements documents, test plans and test cases, agent training documents and implementation documentation as necessary
- Interact with business partners to understand/ document the scoped business processes, user journey, and requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for process simplification and standardization strategies
- Effectively conveys the GBST initiatives message in both written and verbal business discussions
- Identifies partnership opportunities across projects
- Grows long-term relationships with internal and external partners and capitalizes on partnership opportunities
- Organizes and prepares team and partner meetings effectively
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors when appropriate
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Facilitates team and partner meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with project team
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general news
- Serves as key participant in partner meetings
- Addresses issues openly and quickly
- Possesses general understanding and/or is willing to learn about the areas of GBST offerings
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on partner engagements
- Assists in the evaluation and redesign of project offerings
- Provides relevant information for decision-making purposes through oral or written communication
- Reviews data and uses inductive/deductive reasoning to recommend further investigative steps
- Creates and promotes change in the organization through a disciplined process that helps enable effective change and sustain it
- Inspires or motivates others to perform with or without positional power or direct authority
- Tactfully communicates new ideas, speaks up about concerns and takes responsibility for one’s actions
- Remains calm, confident and in control in high pressure situations and maintains productivity
- Takes charge without prompting. Quickly seizes opportunities when they appear. Delivers on time
- Prioritizes needs of internal stakeholders and fosters custom relationships or experiences to ensure satisfaction with a product, service, or solution
- Ensures a business process moves from design to inception, review, and optimization
- Able to use risk management tools and techniques to identify and escalate/mitigate risks
- Considers project goals, makes plans, identifies stakeholders, and marshals resources to meet deadlines
- Able to understand and identify scope and prevent scope creep throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Engages team in formal/informal ways to maximize their potential for a task, role or work product
- Teaches a particular skill or behavior through demonstration, coaching, practice or instruction.
- Self-directs and makes sound decisions independently, even in ambiguous situations. Assesses conditions to determine and prioritize the appropriate action
- Takes an organizational strategy/key priority and turns it into a realistic action plan to execute or implement.
- Considers time, resources, stakeholders, and/or other environmental factors in decision making in order to determine potential solutions and their impact
- Recognizes and deals with disputes in a rational, balanced, and effective way
- Identifies opportunities for synergy and integration. Simplifies complex processes.
- Makes sense of the current request, need, or issue to solve problems quickly
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of Project Management experience is required
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or similar required
- IT project experience preferred
- Able to build, baseline, track & update schedules using Microsoft Project is required
- Detailed, organized, and has efficient record keeping skills
- Ability to interpret and translate business roadmap into project management deliverables
- Experience with Weekly/Monthly Status Reporting
- Effectively able to facilitate and follow up on internal and external partner meetings
- Ability to interact with Executive Management staff upon request
- Candidates must be willing to work on night shift, on a hybrid working arrangement.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.