GM Canada is seeking an exceptional lawyer with strategic business acumen and proven collaborative skills to join the legal team as Counsel . The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of top-tier private practice or in-house experience with significant commercial and privacy law experience, ideally with an emphasis on some of the following: commercial contracts, motor vehicle dealer and/or franchise laws, privacy as well as product/service marketing and advertising.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously and working effectively across internal functions and businesses. They will also be expected to be a key business partner and to contribute to GM Canada’s success by combining both legal and business expertise and understanding the company’s operations and strategic goals.
The successful candidate will report to the Lead Counsel – Corporate and Commercial and will work closely with both the GM Canada legal department and the GM global legal staff of more than 200 lawyers.
This position is classified as a Hybrid position, meaning the successful candidate will work at our Markham or Oshawa office three (3) days each week.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Minimum of 5 years of top-tier private practice or in-house experience, ideally with a significant portion of the experience gained in a technology, manufacturing, or consumer products/services sector.
- Business-minded lawyer who can provide a top-down perspective while maintaining a sleeves-rolled-up willingness to take on a significant working role in the company.
- Superior personal and professional integrity and strong communication skills.
- French language proficiency would be an asset but is not a requirement.
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.