On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
The Manufacturing Optimization Material Engineer, this position is a unique opportunity to influence the way we as General Motors operate material flow in our assembly plants and lead the factory of future material flow implementation. Your mission is to implement material strategies & automation in our assembly centers while work with cross functional teams to setup efficient and lean material flow in GM Assembly Centers, while collaborating with cross functional teams and work as ‘One Team’ to execute new material automation projects, develop business case for material strategies & automation initiatives while developing long-term material flow vision for Automation & LMS implementation in GM Assembly Centers Additionally, you will develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and/or product quality, improve part delivery accuracy, and reduce overall cost of material handling. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment is critical to your success.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Develop and implement work measurement, line balance, ergonomics processes, simulation for manufacturing optimization projects across the plant.
- Determine labor impact, simulation, and confirmation of takt time for optimization projects.
- Provide the ME team with revised HC associated with the optimization projects including
- Develop PMP plan and PCP assignments for new optimization projects.
- Develop/revise operational plans JES/TIS revisions, ULOC/DLOC, CMA Coordination
- Manage Facility layouts, working closely with all facets of the plant to coordinate, create, review, and maintain all plant auto cad layouts -ensuring layout efficiency as well as future space protection.
- Develop material delivery and non-conforming materials strategies for all projects
- Develop container plans, plan for every part (PFEP)
- Comprehend process control plan requirements associated with jobs being optimized.
- Complete project plan reviews with the local production management teams for future implementations. Understand local contractual considerations for all projects.
- Direct improvements to the elimination of waste for quality, scrap, stock reduction, energy, safety, equipment, material, space savings and process efficiency.
- Optimize sequence of operations and workflow.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and execute automation programs and processes that improve supply chain, warehousing, and material flow.
- Create crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively.
- Provide Technical support and assistance to manufacturing and maintenance team members, production supervisors and production associates
- Demonstrate knowledge of LMS principles and drive future materials implementations.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (ME, Supply chain, Industrial) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent experience (Mfg. and Supply chain)
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing, supply chain and assembly processes.
- High level of analytical ability & problem solving where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Experience with using AutoCAD, Factory cad or equivalent, MS-Office tools (Excel, Access, Project, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering skills and techniques
- Minimum of 3 years of experience GMS, program/platform manufacturing and plant manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of GMS principles and experience in GMS implementation.
- Previous experience as Project Lead, with the ability to coordinate resources, provide leadership updates, report status, and track timelines.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Familiarity with automation execution, understanding the principles and concepts related to material flow automation.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.