This position is classified as a Hybrid position, meaning the successful candidate will work at our Markham and/or Oshawa office three (3) days per week.
Vehicle Mechatronics Embedded Controls (VMEC) is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying the embedded controls and software for all vehicle systems and components that manage vehicle motion, occupant access, position, protection, vision & visibility, and comfort.
The successful candidates will join Agile Scrum teams of approximately 10 members, responsible for developing Body Controls software & controls for all GM vehicles produced globally! Our Scrum teams work in an Agile framework and are responsible for Requirements, Software Development, and Testing & Verification. The primary role of the successful candidates will be Software Development and Test. Our team is collaborative, has a strong Agile culture, and will afford you the opportunity to work as part of a fun group whose product spans the entire GM portfolio!
What You'll Do:
Work as part of an Agile Scrum team that develops embedded automotive control systems. Based on expertise, we are searching for a number of roles across occupant access, position, protection, vision & visibility, and comfort teams. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working together with Product Owners, Testers, and other developers, using methods like Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD), create and implement Features for GM’s next generation of EV and ICE vehicles.
- You’ll be required to create and integrate software in either MATLAB Simulink models, adhering to modeling / software / autocoding best practices, or hand-coded C, with some flexibility to choose implementation methods
- Create or modify Unit test cases and Multicomponent test cases to ensure thorough software testing, and execute model/code equivalences testing
- Participate in the Agile Team and Agile ceremonies as required
- Interface with GM internal teams – Calibrators, Vehicle Integration Teams, etc.
Your Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with writing and debugging C code and/or MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow and/or Rational Rhapsody
- Minimum 3 years of embedded software development experience preferred; familiarity with GM or other automotive software standards, test procedures and build processes an asset
- Experience with software configuration management processes and tools (e.g. Git Ecosystem) preferred
- Development / testing experience on SIL/HIL or other virtual environments
- Individually motivated; Scrum Team members are expected to pursue their goals with a high degree of independence and motivation
- Prior experience working in Agile / Scrum / SAFe is an asset, but not required
- Good oral and written communication skills are required, and high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to manage time and meet deliverable timing is critical
- Experience in any of the domains noted above an asset but not required (occupant access, position, protection, vision & visibility, and comfort/HVAC)
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.