The GM Europe Controller will play a key role in overseeing Europe accounting on day-to-day business operation, month end, quarter end and year-end closing and financial reporting; leading and completing statutory financial reporting; and building up sound control environment to follow all internal and external regulations.
- Focus on driving to a zero-defect environment for external financial reporting
- Maintain/enhance strong control environment
- Accurate and timely trial balances, financial statements (including statutory filings) and disclosures
- Support reporting initiatives such as transition to ICE/EV reporting
- Partner with Finance to determine accounting implications for all material business decisions
- Track status of the close and report out to leadership
- Provide support for Internal and External (SEC) reporting; Work with external auditors and GM SOX Core Team; Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Understand technical accounting conclusions and ensure planned journal entries will produce the desired result
- Understand implications of transaction and engage other members of consolidations, reporting, tax, treasury, etc. as necessary
- Capable of deep diving to pursue issues that arise during month end close and take full ownership of the resolution of the issue, communicating openly and frequently with the team and leader to work together to resolve quickly
- Recruit and develop a diverse Controllership organization that is a destination of choice for talent and sustains a high-performing team that delivers future leaders, exports talent across GM and becomes a trusted Business Partner to the enterprise
- Lead a team. Support their development by conducting meaningful feedback and career discussions. Recruit internally and externally to support rotations
- Continuously enhance the process and control environment using evolving technologies and World Class end-to-end financial processes to reduce manual interventions and the cost of compliance.
- Support Transformation initiatives
- Ensure that a proactive (vs. reactionary) and automated (vs. manual) controls environment is consistently delivered for new technology deployments
- Focus on managing processes and controls end-to-end
- Support Consolidations process improvements, control enhancements
Initiatives to accelerate and improve the quality of the close process
- Raise the stature of Controllership by investing in relationships with internal and external stakeholders to partner with our constituents for the benefit of GM.
- Support GM Operating and Finance to execute GM business initiatives
- Maintain/ grow external relationships with key stakeholders and organizations/ influencers to understand/ influence changing trends in regulations, financial reporting and disclosure guidance, internal controls, and other industries
- Work cross-functionally with groups such as Legal, FP&A, Tax, Sales and Treasury on various business cases and projects
- Support the team during unique transactions such as segment changes, acquisitions, accounting standard changes, restatements, etc. Requires frequent communication with regional /functional contacts
- Provides support when needed to other team members as issues arise to contribute to a one team environment during month end close activities
- German and English fluent
- Expertise on Germany GAAP and knowledgeable on US GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or finance
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Experience with accounting processes including consolidation, financial reporting, etc.
- Familiarity with SAP and Hyperion
- Demonstrate problem solving and analytical abilities where problems are complex
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Embrace and manage changes
- Prior experience leading a project/initiative among peers
Qualifications – Preferred
- Big 4 accounting experience
- CPA (certified public accountant), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent
- knowledgeable of European entities’ GAAPs is a plus
- Fosters a culture of teamwork, partnership, and inclusion
- Lead by example displaying GM behaviors, commitment to personal development and dedication to building a positive Workplace of Choice culture
- Positive and energizing; Ability to inspire team and voice ideas to drive value to GM business
- Ability to summarize detailed analysis in a high-level/leadership-focused overview
- Work autonomously with business partners and finance peers
- Strong data analytics / attention to detail, with 80/20 focus on quick turnaround
- Creative and inquisitive; Managerial courage to challenge norms
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.