The General Motors Europe Regional Service Engineer (RSE) provides on-site professional automotive engineering, business and customer support to GM’s retail and wholesale networks. The RSE will have broad responsibilities including vehicle diagnostic and repair support, product problem resolution and region management support for GM. The RSE will perform on-site service, diagnostics, repairs, and installation of GM accessories on customer vehicles as directed by GM Management. The RSE will support GM to reduce vehicle repurchases and warranty expense. RSE will also evaluate GM Service Centre processes, provide Service Centre onsite service readiness feedback and support GM IT applications at GM Service Centre’s.
Service Centre & Authorized Repairer Support
- Provide 1ST and 2nd level, on-site support to resolve automotive technical and GM IT service operation issue. Respond promptly to customer vehicle concerns that may lead to “vehicle off road” or potential “repurchase” situations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the GM Europe Technical Assistance to support vehicle repairs.
- Work closely with the GM Europe Customer Call Center (CCC) to respond to customers that have contacted CCC for assistance with their vehicle.
- Use GM’s analytic tools and supporting data to address vehicles in the assigned area and assist Service Centre’s quickly to resolve all vehicle technical issues.
- Review Service Centre’s process on every Service Centre’s contact.
- Implement service strategies to enhance Service Centre’s effectiveness.
- Support GM scheduled and ad-hoc in- Service Centre’s training sessions.
- Report on Service Centre’s “State of Health” relative to overall service readiness.
- Understand customer complaints, collect vehicle data, and drive “root cause analysis”.
Develop and maintain positive relationships with GM National and Regional Management responsible for Service Operations and Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, with a focus on product quality improvements and warranty issues. Represent GM in the assigned region for automotive technical issues as required:
- Drive new Technical Bulletins for European requirements.
- Monitor Warranty performance, review all escalated warranty claims and identify warranty waste opportunities.
- Attend to requests from GM wholesale personnel including Regional Service management, Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, and Engineering and provide feedback in agreed formats.
- Provide support for arbitration hearings, legal cases and repurchases.
- Provide Brand Quality support for vehicles at Port of Entry and Regional Compounds.
- Provide support for Technical Training
- Support GM Field Action and Recall Process’s with country Department of Transports.
- Business travel required 3-4 days per week
Required Qualifications and Experience.
- 5 years + extensive hands-on Automotive Manufacturer / Importer/Dealership Service Department
- Nationally recognized ICE/EV Automotive Technician Certifications as required by local regulations.
- Possession of a valid EU/Country driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Ability to: Manage, resolve, document, and close dispatched cases in the required timeframe. Build and maintain customer relationships with Service Centre’s management teams. Work with minimal direction and be responsible for self-training to maintain and increase skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills to optimally prioritize and deliver critical services.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Proficiency in local language(s), French and English
- Proficient user of Data Bus Diagnostic Tools (e.g., via TIS/GDS, NeoVi /V-Spy Intrepid Tools etc.)
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.