This position is classified as a Hybrid position, meaning the successful candidate will work at our Markham office three (3) days per week.
The successful candidate will be part of the Vehicle Mechatronic Embedded Controls (VMEC) engineering department at General Motors Canada. There are two key areas of responsibility:
1. Scrum Lead of an Agile team in the Propulsion Thermal Management ART
2. Contribute embedded controls, diagnostics and software technical expertise to enable the scrum team to deliver value
What you will do as a Scrum Lead:
- Build an environment in which your team can execute, collaborate and innovate
- Facilitate Agile/SAFe ceremonies such as release planning, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Maintain a sprint release plan, release trajectory, and release burn-down, based on capacity and velocity predictions
- Enforce team practices and rules, help resolve impediments, identify and manage risks, facilitate efficiency, and increase the probability of success in each sprint
- Champion accountability within and outside the team
- Represent your team at coach-sync, coordinating dependencies across teams
- Provide visibility of team status and issues to management
- Promote continuous team improvement, measure the team, and help the team and individuals measure themselves
- Mentor and/or coach team members in Agile practices, processes, and tools
What technical expertise you will provide:
- Technical guidance to the team as it relates to algorithm and software design, development, implementation, testing and verification of real-time embedded controls systems using a variety of tools in a variety of environments (model, handcode, virtual, HIL, SIL, vehicle-level)
- Thermal Management control algorithm designs and diagnostic strategy
- Understanding functional requirements and implementing appropriate diagnostic and control solutions
- Using hand code & model-based software development approaches adhering to modeling/software/autocoding best practices
- Leadership, collaboration and innovation in the controls and software space to expand your own expertise and to execute GM’s 0/0/0 vision
- Enable cross-functional interactions with other teams (calibration, vehicle integration, other domains, etc)
Your Skills & Abilities (Qualifications):
Bachelors Degree in Mechatronics, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering
5+ years of embedded software, automotive product development or engineering project work in a team environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
Knowledge of controls theory and the software development process
Experience working in an agile environment
Experience with Change Management and software configuration management processes and tools (e.g. JIRA, Git Ecosystem)
Must be legally allowed to work in Canada and able to travel to the US
Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license
Experience reading and debugging source code in C/C++
Experience with MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow/Rhapsody or similar CAE tools
Experience with testing methods and techniques (test-driven development and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD))
Experience with dSPACE/Control Desk or similar HIL tools
Experience with ETAS/INCA, Intrepid/Vehicle Spy or similar DAQ tools
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.