This position is considered hybrid with an expectation to be in office 3 days a week.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
The Manufacturing Optimization Material Engineer position is a unique opportunity to influence the way we as General Motors operate material flow in our assembly plants and lead the way to GM achieve a factory of future material flow world class level. Your mission is to implement material strategies & automation while collaborating with cross functional teams either in IT, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering (ME) and mainly with plant team members to support successful Materials Automation projects execution and drive the best practices implementation, always working as ‘One Team’.
Key Deliverables will be to coordinate projects, plan, develop and execute Automation projects from dock to assembly line to create the most efficient, leanest processes for the entire GM Enterprise. This individual will work with all levels of cross functional teams. Work is of a difficult and involved nature, where a high level of independent judgment and discretion are exercised.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Work with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and execute automation programs and processes that improve supply chain, warehousing, and material flow.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of Lean Material Strategies (LMS) such as Route Planning, Dock Strategies and Overall Material Flow analysis to optimize sequence of operations and workflow.
- Create and execute plans to Automate material handling process for unloading, coupled/decoupled material movement from dock to storage locations, dolly preparation, floor and dynamic material storage in high bay racks, Line Replenishment and Empty dunnage return, etc.
- Complete project plan reviews with the local production management teams for future implementations. Understand local contractual considerations for all projects.
- Provide Technical support and assistance to manufacturing and maintenance team members, production supervisors and production associates
- Able to quickly understand a Layout and propose ideas to Automate Material Flow and Storage processes.
- Have complete understanding of Bill of Processes (BOP) / Bill of Equipment (BOE).
- Deep Industrial Engineering Analysis based on PFEP Data from MGO to make calculations and determine/optimize Labor, Equipment and Area required for a project.
- Industrial Engineering Analysis using WMS, EPS and PPS reports and raw data.
- Analyze existing operations and propose continuous improvements (CI), using tools like GMOS to identify optimization opportunities.
- Coordinate and track through a Master Dot all project milestones & deliverables.
- Manage Timing, Resources, Budget, Lessons Learned, Performance Scorecard, Meeting Minutes, One Pager project weekly report for every project that this individual will lead.
- Be able to split an idea or plan in small pieces and create a Visio Flow to show all steps required to be completed by each stakeholder.
- Prepare Business calculation for a new project submission and approval.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Being available to travel within US and International as required in each phase of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical) or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent experience (Mfg. and Supply chain)
- In-depth Floor Operations Materials processes knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience GMS, program/platform manufacturing and plant manufacturing.
- Highly Proficient with AutoCad, MS-Office tools (Excel, Visio, Project and Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of work measurement/Work standards (GMOS), ergonomic principles, material optimization, and facility layout.
- Basic manufacturing and assembly processes knowledge.
- Working knowledge on GM systems MGO/EPS/PPS. Knowledge in WMS.
- Previous experience as Project Lead, with the ability to coordinate resources, report status, and track timelines.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Familiarity with automation execution, understanding the principles and concepts related to material flow automation.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.