General Motors has a long history serving the Egyptian market, beginning with the import of vehicles into Egypt in 1922 and later establishing the first Middle East office in Alexandria in 1926.
General Motors Egypt was established in 1983 as the first private automotive manufacturer in Egypt and commenced production from the 6th October Plant in 1985.
We offer a diverse Chevrolet portfolio to our customers, including pick-up trucks, light duty trucks, passenger cars, passenger vans and minibuses, all supported by a strong nationwide sales and service network. We keep our customers at the center of everything we do, by seeing things not as they are, but as they can be. We'll continue to listen to our customers and work hard to meet their needs.
Imagine working in an engaging, diverse environment, where the creativity and ideas of a talented workforce are highly valued. We at General Motors Egypt are excited and passionate about our future and welcome the challenges of tomorrow. Our team believes that we can create a world that is safer, better and more sustainable. New and creative ideas can come from anyone in the organization... you can be the one.
At a Glance
- Market leader for 13 consecutive years
- 1,400 employees (Salaried & Hourly)
- Produces the highest quality vehicles, certified BIQ Level IV in 2019
- Recipient of the 2020 Energy Star Award from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Nationwide network includes 46 showrooms and 35 service centers
- Brands: Chevrolet, ACDelco
Where We Are
4th Industrial Zone
6th October City, Egypt