- You build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- You analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Monitor and sustain model effectiveness
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present complex information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges that drive business impact
- 7 or more years proficiency in one or more core analytical tools / suites / languages such as SAS, Python, R, Spark Scala and understand their limitations
- Proficient in one or more analytical methodologies such as numerical optimization, econometric modeling and forecasting, machine learning and text analytics
- Degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in business/media analytics, consulting, financial analysis, or related quantitative field.
- Outstanding problem solving, data analysis, data manipulation and communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience handling large complex dynamic data sets. Preference for proficiency with Hadoop, Teradata, Spark, Kafka.
- Good command of data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, R Shiny, etc).
- Preference for fluency in SAS, Python, R, Spark Scala
- Ability to interact effectively with people and work in a collaborative, time sensitive, environment
- Luxury or Fashion Consumer products and/or automotive industry experience
- Consulting / professional services industry experience is a plus.
- Both Chinese and English as working language
About the job
- Being a Data Scientist at Premium Import, GM China is about much more than simply crunching numbers – it’s about finding compelling insights within data and using your exceptional business and communication skills to translate those insights into action. As a member of our strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, you’ll spend your time digging into big, complex data/research sets. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our most senior business leaders within the organization, and potentially headcounter stakeholders, even clients in the future.
- As a Data Scientist, you will be part of the Team that partners with marketing and other cross functions within organization to build and present integrated business and media opportunities based on industry trends and insights from our data.
- Our Data Analytics team inform and influence marketing and business strategy as they face opportunities and challenges related to evolving business models, consumer behavior changes, and increasing pressure.
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to innovate and develop scalable solutions for cross-industry challenges and to identify growth opportunities.
- Turn large and complex data/research into actionable insights for influencing internal stakeholders.
- Develop data-driven recommendations that align with business/marketing objectives.
- Act as an industry advocate and analyst to surface key industry trends.
- Acquire deep knowledge of the Luxury, Automotive, Fashion, eCommerce industry, understand HNWI customer lifestyle and trend, in order to tailor recommendations accordingly.
- Be the digital analytics expert with knowledge such as marketing metrics, product funnel analysis, audience segmentations, A/B testing, etc.
Final level to offer is subject to candidate's background and experience.