The In-House HWIO (Hardware Input / Output) Team is part of the Mechatronics Software Platform organization. The In-house HWIO team creates the low-level embedded software that is portable and scalable to various applications to align with GM’s strategy in Software Defined Vehicle (SDV). As part of the In-House HWIO Engineering group, you will have the opportunity to work with the state-of-the-art systems and designs using both AUTOSAR MCAL configuration tool and hand coding in C.
The software developer in the HWIO team will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and testing the low-level hardware input/output (HWIO) software for various microcontrollers. This means creating the best software solution with the understanding of requirements, microcontroller specification, and GM coding standard. The developer will also make sure the solution is tested robustly by creating testing strategies and documenting the design.
We are looking for creative people with strong technical expertise in automotive embedded software to join a highly capable team focused on leading-edge technology solution development.
- Design, develop, implement, and test low level embedded software including, but not limited to: RTOS, Cache, Memory, Fault Detection, Power Management, LIN, DMA, PWM Input/Output, Discrete Input/Output, Analog Input/Output
- Utilize MCAL configuration tool to generate software or hand-code
- Design and execute unit & verification tests to ensure compliance with the component technical requirements
- Provide independent review of software written by others
- Coordinate with other departments such as requirements, hardware, and calibration groups
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Exhibit a high level of analytical problem-solving skills where problems are very unusual and difficult
Additional Job Description:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Experience with designing, developing, and testing Microcontroller & ECU Abstraction Layer and Complex Drivers for AUTOSAR
- Ability to read schematics and understand basic electrical circuits.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for multi-core microcontroller.
- Experience with ARM, PowerPC, or Renesas microcontrollers
- Experience with performing root cause analysis with Integrated Basic Software and Application Software on multi-core microcontrollers
- Proficiency with embedded compiler, linker, debugging tools, and software such as Lauterbach, ETAS INCA, CANalyzer, oscilloscopes, and other general lab equipment
- Proven ability to work independently under a tight, demanding schedule
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- High level of analytical problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree in computer engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering degree.
- 7+ years of experience in automotive embedded software development
- Experience in Scaled Agile Framework for enterprise (SAFe) process
- Knowledge in vehicle electrical system