At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
- Develop and Execute purchasing strategies based on business, market, and technology trends and establish strong and competitive supply base
- Responsible for purchase of all or a specific portion of production and/or non-production materials, supplies, machinery, tooling and/or services. Responsible for actively participating in development of commodity strategy, sourcing/negotiations, budget execution.
- Optimize supply performance by analyzing and applying appropriate tools including benchmarking, cost and value chain analysis, negotiations, supply chain analysis
- Work closely with cross functional partners internally and externally to trade off imperatives and identify creative solutions, incl during RFQ management, Procure to Pay, order fulfillment, customer satisfaction, and supplier relationship management
- Drive for winning outcomes that are focused on the mission of the business
- Develop and manage great supplier relationships
- Lead and respond to critical supply chain issues and provide contingency solutions to mitigate supply chain risk or logistics disruptions for inbound and outbound logistics.
- Provide pro-active communication on issues that can impact purchasing, logistics or the supply chain
- Responsible for all critical inbound / outbound shipments (Logistics issues to customers) which includes productive material, non-productive material and services to customers.
- Develop protection of supply and contingency plans
- Superior analytical skills
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem-solve
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Experience procuring IT, Software, Hardware, and Professional Services highly desirable
- Experience working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Experience in contract drafting, redlining, and working cross functionally with legal
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify creative solutions in a fast paced environment
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- High level of capability to work independent
- Energized by a startup-type environment with the corresponding ambiguity and ability to appropriately create/adjust processes to the scale/phase of the business
- Strong understanding of legal terms/conditions, licensing models, and Security/Confidentiality requirements
- Able to balance a strong customer service experience with the integrity of the purchasing & supply chain process
- Adept at engaging and presenting to Senior Executives, tailoring to the audience
- Highly curious about industry trends (incl non-automotive) and developing new suppliers/engagement models that align to the business strategy
- Demonstrates ability to develop and apply deep cost knowledge
- Knowledge of procurement and materials software, as well as MS software applications
- Experience managing and negotiating commercial issues with suppliers and assessing customer satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- BA/BS + 5 years of experience; master’s degree or MBA preferred
The expected base compensation for this role is: ($95,560 - $144,720 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more