At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
What you get to do in this role :
- Build, maintain and improve reliability monitoring infrastructure
- Participate in on-call engineering duty to support production.
- Build tooling and run books
- Perform initial incident root cause analysis
- Carryout incident postmortem.
- Actively participate in technical discussions and deep dives with Architectural group
- 3+ years of hands-on SRE experience with at least one of the public cloud providers – Azure(preferred), AWS, GCP
- Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production: Building monitoring, defining alerts, writing run books, tweaking dashboards etc.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregation frameworks, such as Data Dog(preferred), Splunk, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including OO concepts, data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Skills working with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef or Ansible
- Experience troubleshooting JVM based applications
- Experience with shell, Python, Java
- CI/CD automation frameworks knowledge - Jenkins/Bamboo/Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI, VPN, Firewalls)
- Deep understanding of Git and source control management tools, such as Bitbucket, GitHub
- Experience with IoT stack is a big plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering preferred
The expected base compensation for this role is: ($146,910 - $216,910 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more