GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
Manufacturing – Production Worker – Temporary Part Time
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious employees who are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift as your scheduled shift is subject to change based on business conditions.
- An 8-hour work schedule for each of our shifts at this location:
- 1st Shift: 6:30am to 2:30pm
- 2nd Shift: 2:30pm to 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift: 10:30pm to 6:30am
- Additional hours on those shifts are common and could be made available during the shift.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Wage range from $16.67 to $18.34 depending on shift assignment.
- Holiday pay and health care after 90 days.
- Part-time employees may be considered for full-time positions as business needs require.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production standards.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing plant environment, including floor and conveyor assembly work.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors
Candidates must be willing to work any shift
Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications :
Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include drug testing and a background check
At least 18 years of age
Eligible to work in the United States
Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice