Maintenance Controls Engineer - Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose electrical problems in manufacturing. Ability to work autonomously with occasional guidance from supervision.
· Technical resource for plant electricians
· Supervise project installations by contractors and plant electricians
· Develop and plan electrical projects
· Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose electrical problems in manufacturing operation.
· Design and modify electrical control circuits and programs
· Support plant continuous improvement activity
· Experience with manufacturing process equipment, knowledge of system engineering, software development & hardware integration.
· Highly developed oral & written communication skills.
· High level of interpersonal skills with sensitivity to other's points of view & t make contributions to the resolution of complex manufacturing problems
· Demonstrated ability to listen to & support Team Members.
· Thorough understanding of planned and predictive maintenance and the Maximo system.
· Thorough understanding of GM Safety policies, specifications, and audit module requirements
· This position will require overtime and off-shift production support at times
· This position is not eligible for ISP, ITAP or localizations.
· Electrical Engineering Degree or Mechatronics degree preferred, or equivalent experience
· Proficiency in industrial networking protocols – Profibus, Profinet, TCP/IP and EthernetIP
· HMI software – Siemens WinCC and TIA Portal, and Rockwell FactoryTalk View
· PLC hardware – Rockwell ControlLogix family, Siemens 300, and Fanuc LEP
· Servo drive systems: Siemens 840D CNC, Siemens G120 family, Fanuc 35i CNC, and Rockwell Powerflex / Kinetix
· This position will require overtime and off-shift production support at times.
· Fanuc Robots - programming and troubleshooting is highly desirable, but not required.