Summer Vacation Temporary Role
Our summertime opportunity has a potential start date on June 12, 2023 and is scheduled to end September 1, 2023. This is a great opportunity to be a part of GM's all electric future. Our summertime production position is great for anyone 18 or over interested in supply chain, operations, manufacturing, technology, or someone seeking stable employment for the summer. There may be an opportunity for long term employment if business permits.
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly,
machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:
- Paid and non-paid time off is granted after working (120) days
- Paid holidays after 90 days worked
- Healthcare after 90 days of active employment
- GM employee pricing discount authorizations available annually.
- Part-time temporary employees will be considered for full-time temporary employee positions based on length of service
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Perform a variety of duties, including bench, floor, or conveyor assembly work involving standardized work elements.
- Use computerized equipment and engage in activities such as machine resets and quality checks.
- Perform predictive, preventive, and reactive maintenance activities on all equipment in assigned work area.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production standards.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing plant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
- Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive vehicles and equipment.
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications :
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include hair drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).