Entry level engineer, working under the general mentorship of senior engineers, responsible for learning the GM quality development process, participating in design reviews, integration testing, and quality development on low complexity design requirements.
Quality Systems administrator for systems, including, but not limited to Flexnet, Sharepoint, ILM, and Fast Response. Schedule and review open Fast Response problem solving, track open items to closure, escalating when not completed. Responsible to maintain plant engineering test fleet, including weekly cycling and transmission swap coordination. Departmental representative on the Standardization team - ensure compliance and implementation of the standardization requirements. Responsible for adherence to the Global Quality requirements, including ensuring implementation of a new and changed requirements. Single point contact for all 3rd party sort activity, including invoices and maintain purchase orders and issuing new shopping carts. SME for IMDS status to attain PPAP status as required.
- Proficiency and knowledge of vehicle/propulsion Manufacturing and the elements of the GM Quality System / GMS BIQ
- Proficiency and knowledge of the Quality Launch Plan and of the requirements in the Global Quality Manual
- Ability to coach, teach and audit elements of GM Quality Manual and GMS BIQ Principle and Elements
- Managerial Courage to provide direct, honest, constructive feedback to Plant Staffs / Executive Leadership in a subtle and professional manner
- Ability to travel to the GMNA plants as required
- Present the Assembly Plant and Engineering Staff with clear problem definition, technical mentorship on complex problems, and regular updates on progress
- Support Launch of new products in the plant when applicable.
- Product Information Systems (including: GPDS, APM, E-squared, Team Centre, Vis Mockup, MPD, MGO)
- Global Standard Inspection Process:
- Central Administration Application Operation
- Data Content
- Database architecture.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including VBA/C# and SQL languages (Expert).
- GSIP plant admin or equivalent experience
- Quality and Product Information Systems as found in a manufacturing environment
Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or demonstrated experience in Manufacturing and Quality Systems