This is a Hybrid position. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
About the role:
The Database Administrator is responsible for adhering to, leading, implementing & supporting Database Management concepts & practices, Logical Data Models, Database Standards, Tool Standards, Implementation of Database technologies, Support of Database Technologies, etc. A Database Administrator is responsible to have senior level, cross enterprise industry expertise and all of the capabilities required. Additionally, advanced working knowledge of industry standard database architectural patterns, technologies and processes. As a GM Database Administrator, you will possess the capability of working with general direction from a manager or architect in identifying, selecting, implementing and supporting enterprise-wide database standards. A Database Administrator can often act in a leadership capacity or delegated leadership capacity and will mentor and/or peer review junior database administrators.
As a team member, you'll have the opportunity to guide and educate your peers and partners on our database standards, practices, and policies.
You understand, communicate, develop, validate & implement requirements from IT Partners supporting either implementation or support of Database management systems
You'll have the opportunity to prepare and assist with analysis, or take the lead as needed, to support the decision-making processes of our senior staff and IT partners. We're all about collaboration and working together to achieve our goals. If you're someone who enjoys using data to drive decisions and wants to make a positive impact, we'd love to hear from you!
Additionally, you'll be expected to:
- Perform or develop assigned tasks using established procedures, policies and process
- Perform & maintain all documentation supporting effective change control, business continuity & sustainment of Database systems. Validating peer compliance and peer quality as well.
- Develop, communicate and lead implementation of solutions to Database Management problems of substantial scope and high complexity
- Mentor entry & intermediate level Database talent
- Lead Implementation and support of long term technology strategy
- Accountable for accuracy and validity of solution design and documentation
- Participation in On-Call rotations or Shift work as required by specific role or assignment
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Advanced knowledge of Enterprise RDBMS Technologies, architecture, implementation & support
Advanced Operational capability of Enterprise RDBMS deployments
Knowledge of at least two IT technology domains including infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, storage technologies, security frameworks and tools.
Advanced Knowledge with data replication and/or disaster recovery capabilities preferred
Advanced knowledge of Backup & Recovery techniques and technologies
Experienced communications and leadership background
- 8 - 10 years of Relational database experience
- Ability to learn new databases/processes quickly
- 2 - 3 years experience working on PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment
- 6+ years of production database management & oncall support experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional SQL development and performance tuning skills
- Experience architecting a large-scale production database platforms
- Expertise with Postgres system metrics and optimization strategies
- Familiarity with system level metrics and practical use of common Linux utilities
- Understanding of virtualization and clustered environments
- Great communication skills and a passion for both teaching and learning