The quality engineer is responsible for conducting on going analysis of the production process inputs and outputs to ensure that internal and external customer quality requirements are being achieved. The quality engineer will work with customers to resolve manufacturing issues, part quality performance, and provide technical support of the product. The quality engineer will be the technical liaison between manufacturing and our customer base.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and reviewing part quality performance
- Address manufacturing quality issues and ensure customer approval of corrective actions
- Improving quality performance, of responsible manufacturing area, through hands-on problem-solving support. Helping to determine root cause and support implementing timely, effective and efficient corrective actions.
- Monitor and maintain all appropriate customer problem resolution systems
- Champion a Built in Quality (BIQ) element
- Support the compliance to IATF 16949, General Motors Global Manufacturing System (GMS), and Built in Quality (BIQ) certifications
- Actively participate in monthly proactive PFMEA reviews
- Provide quality technical assistance for production activities
- Effectively communicate with customers and suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in quality, supplier quality or manufacturing
- Proficient in facilitating problem solving activities
- Working knowledge of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process Failure Modes Effect Analysis (PFMEA), and Process Control Plans (PCP)
- Working knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Ability to develop product quality standards (PQS) based on customer requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical quality control and design of experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and lead diverse cross functional teams simultaneously.
- Statistical Problem Solving (Red X, OpEx, DFSS, DMAIC).
- Knowledge in print reading, GD&T interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.