GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. With GM’s new EV initiatives, we are committed to accelerating GM into an all-electric future, inspiring mass adoption of EVs through cross-functional strategies around vehicles, buying, charging, and ownership. The GM Energy group is responsible for developing and deploying the innovative solutions that further enable EVs and accelerate sustainability goals for our customers and our communities. This includes delivering new software, hardware and services associated with charging, fleet electrification, and EV enabled microgrids.
The GM Energy - Strategic Accounts Manager will be responsible for driving critical strategic engagement in the C-suite of GM’s most important customers, and have a leadership role in crafting the operations of GM's new Envolve business unit. This new senior role will develop deep relationships across the various GM business units, representing the product and solution capabilities of GM Energy, while carrying and supporting the broad capabilities of GM in strategic engagements with core customers.
The Strategic Accounts Manager will be a deeply experienced energy solutions sales executive that can hear complex requirements from the customer C-suite, and creatively apply deep energy solutions thinking to deliver contractable value. The GM Energy ecosystem includes residential and C&I BESS, EVSE, fuel cells and other emerging hardware, as well as fleet electrification and EV microgrids. The Strategic Accounts Manager will speak fluently about these capabilities and the value they can bring to diverse customer environments.
The Strategic Accounts Manager will:
· Deliver the GM Energy messaging to key strategic customers, driving deep and long lasting commercial engagements with GM’s most critical relationships.
· Work collaboratively across GM business units to ensure a tightly coordinated message across the varied GM offerings.
· Coordinate and enable sales across GM energy business unit sales teams
· Create and deliver innovative, integrated, market leading energy solutions from the ideation stage with key customers, through to ensuring long-term successful customer satisfaction via projects and investment initiatives that may take years to complete
· Work closely with other GM leaders to ensure successful execution of the GM Energy business plan
· Help set and drive team sales goals
· Teach, share, inspire
· 10+ years applicable experience
· Success originating, developing, and delivering on DERS or related energy projects
· Experience selling or deploying C&I energy hardware
· Experience finding pathways to successfully deliver early stage technologies into commercially viable development and finance structures
· Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations
· Demonstrated high level of strategic agility and desire to work in a complex and evolving environment
· Approximately 50% travel; this is a heavy travel role, and requires in person engagement for c-suite relationship management and vision setting
· Excellence in building and leading teams
· Understands and applies best-in-class practices
· Leverages expertise and speaks up to implement effective solutions
· Prioritizes customers to ensure satisfaction with a product, service or solution
· Ensures a business process moves from design to inception, review and optimization
· Designs and executes simplified and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
Remote: This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis with 50% travel.
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
- The expected base compensation for this role is $152,508 - $233,592 USD Annually
- Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.