The successful candidate will be part of a small team of System Architect experts with a mission to develop the overall architecture for Automated Driving (L2++) and ADAS systems for new vehicle and electrical platforms. This candidate will work cross-functionally to assign functionality to electrical, software, sensing, compute, and communication domain to optimally balance the needs and requirements of all AD and ADAS capabilities.
- Collaborate with and lead cross domain and cross discipline expert teams to define system design decisions and implement technical solutions.
- Support the development of the overall Systems Architecture for new AD and ADAS systems and capture the necessary architectural views (functional, logical, mechanization, etc) in models.
- Define systems architecture roadmap to scale new architectures for future vehicle and electrical platform variants.
- Evaluate and define the function allocation and communication protocol, coordinate and modify the topology to meet local application needs, formulate the overall hardware design scheme, review and guide the hardware design of each domain, improve the reusability of functions, optimize the hardware and communication strategy of each domain from platform perspective.
- 5+ years of automotive systems engineering experience with proven track record of implementing AD/ADAS system architectures.
- Deep knowledge of Systems Engineering and Systems Architecture principles and a proven track record of successful implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces.
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as AD/ADAS systems, chassis and vehicle dynamics, automotive networks, propulsion, body controls, infotainment (HMI) etc.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to engineering sites and supplier offices as required.