Are you a highly creative designer who is interested in being part of one of the most exciting advanced design studios in the world? GM Design has opportunities for exterior designers who are interested in stretching the boundaries of automotive design at our North Hollywood California studio. Our organization will soon be moving to a larger, state-of-the-art facility in Pasadena where we will have even more capability to affect the future.
As a Creative Designer at GM Advanced Design, you will be part of a larger, connected, global design team working on forward-thinking, extraordinary EV and AV concepts for Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer and Buick.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and displays a strong ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines. We need someone with a considerable amount of perception, strategic thinking, design taste, judgment and creativity as well as a high level of talent and skill.
Your role will be to see the future - researching, designing and creating proposals that demonstrate innovative concepts, from inception to implementation. You will create fresh, innovative designs for exteriors for electrified vehicles. Through a strategic lens, you will generate concepts in both 2D and 3D proposals. You will adeptly refine ideas as you receive feedback. You will coordinate with the work of other design personnel and collaborate with multiple partners to achieve design goals. You will follow the design process from initial sketch form to the final release.
If you are driven and eager to propel your career forward, take your next step in joining a world class design studio at General Motors!
This position requires an employee to be onsite full time.
***Please note, you must submit a Portfolio to be considered for this position – See Instructions Below***
In this position, you will:
- Create unique exterior designs and concepts for production vehicles and other mobility products through sketches as well as digitally through the use of 2D and 3D technology
- Collaborate frequently with the design team, sculpting organization, engineering and fabrication teams in the development of new designs
- Take a big-picture perspective on customer needs and future transportation to create provocative concepts and designs
- Provide insight and recommendations to leadership while possessing willingness and acuity to act upon guidance in a deadline driven environment
- Maintain knowledge of current design trends and technology. Present ideas frequently to management and leadership to communicate design ideas
- Exhibit courage and challenge expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (Automotive, Transportation, Industrial)
- 2+ years of professional experience in Transportation Design
- Strong understanding of 3D form and excellent 2D drawing and illustration skills
- Proven creative proficiency
- Demonstrated ability with electronic tools to communicate 2-D ideations
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. We strongly recommend linking your online portfolio in the "website" section of the application as we are able to access much larger files that way. If your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume. Please NO dropbox files or Google docs.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.
DISCLAIMER: The Works included in your Career Portfolio must not be subject to any non-disclosure and/or confidentiality agreement. If the Works in your Career Portfolio are owned by your current or former employer, or by any other Third Party, there must be an express written consent from the Owner allowing the Works to be included in your Career Portfolio for sharing with General Motors (“GM”). By sharing your Career Portfolio, you grant to GM the right to quote, paraphrase, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use all or any portion of the Career Portfolio for purposes of making a hiring determination. By sharing your Career Portfolio, you also agree to release and discharge GM, and its licensees, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that you may have regarding any use of the Career Portfolio, including (but not limited to) any claims based on the right to privacy, the right to publicity, copyright, libel, defamation, or any other right.
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful applicant might be paid in accordance with applicable state laws. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of New York, Colorado, California, or Washington.
The salary range for this role is ($77,708 – $124,131). The actual base salary a successful candidate will be offered within this range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.