- Remote : The position can be performed remotely most of the time, but the employee may be asked to come on-site approximately four times per year.
As an MBA Associate Intern within the Treasurer’s Office, you will be part of our EXCEL (Exploring Careers through Experiential Learning) program. As a participant, you will support and advise multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by crafting and implementing timely business solutions.
This program is comprised of select students who are currently working towards an MBA and have several years of prior work experience. Each internship provides immediate and meaningful responsibility, and you are exposed to a wide range of strategic and financial assignments. Interns are encouraged to collaborate with GM’s globally diverse organizations to assemble data, perform analyses, and present recommendations to senior GM executives.
Opportunities for outstanding networking opportunities with peers, senior finance executives and GM CFO, which facilitate their visibility and growth within GM. The interns will also participate in several activities focused around the “Design/Build/Sell and Services” operations of the company, such as a Ride & Drive, a case competition, assembly plant tour, and overviews of key areas of finance.
The positions are typically southeast Michigan. Available Treasury intern positions include: Capital Planning & Corporate Finance, Debt & Equity Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange & Commodities, Cash Investments & Structured Finance, Auto Finance, Treasury Operations, Supplier Finance Risk Management, and Pensions Strategy.
The start dates for this internship role are May & June of 2024.
Required Qualifications :
- Pursuit of an MBA degree, first year students only
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications) :
- Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROIC, NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or advanced accounting principles
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
- Ability to grasp the “big picture” and underlying strategic issues
- Ability to develop and deliver solutions to sophisticated problems
- Ability to bring new perspective to challenges and effectively communicate advantages to such perspectives/ideas
- Several years of professional experience
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet targets
- Project Management / Client Management
- Ability to ask critical questions and gather data
- Ability to coordinate and lead tasks within a broader project
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal mentorship/supervision
- Teamwork / Leadership Skills
- Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
- Works with determination to complete assignments
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause and understands the drivers
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
- Effective business writer; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
The salary for this role is $6,700 per month
Benefit options are not available for this role