Build policy positions with coordinated input from all internal functional areas of GM
- Communicate GM policy positions to Federal, State, Regional and Local government agencies
- Advise the organization on legal and regulatory requirements and options
- Work closely with internal functional areas on overall strategic plans and problem resolution for both regulatory and ESG matters.
- Engage in reciprocal efforts to further GM priorities with other automobile manufacturers, suppliers, government, academia, and other partners
- Support GM with regulatory policy and ESG recommendations, technical data and expertise
- Engage regional teams to support global auto trade associations and to educate global policy makers on current state of policy and ESG matters in various regions
- Engage in Public-Private Partnerships and actively develop and advocate for consumer-facing policies that include new mobility paradigms