Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
To support that, we are looking for an intern that will be able to understand and collect the data from quality, analyze that and develop systems that allow to visualize information for supporting managerial decision. The systems will be developed with tools such as Power BI or other related software.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Engineering or Industrial design
- Must be graduating between December 2024 - June 2025
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Data analysis and programming skills
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred qualifications)
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- Prior internship in field of study
- Conceptual understanding and/or experience with Power BI or similar tools
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Excellent project management skills and the proven ability to manage multiple projects
- High level of problem-solving ability including independent judgment
- Work multi-functionally with the Quality, Product Development, and Manufacturing
Work Location: Palo Alto - CA
- Onsite : This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Pay Transparency Language (Compensation)
- The salary range for this role is $4000-4900, dependent upon class status and degree.
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.