Role and Responsibilities
- Own and release responsibility for a fully integrated solution on-time and with high quality.
- Collaborate in a Scaled Agile product delivery team, comprised of cross-functional company peers and component supplier engineers to continuously prioritize, deploy and refine component and system features.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and internal key stakeholders as well lead and facilitate Product Development Team (PDT) meetings.
- Update and release requirement documents.
- Organize and provide all documents for sourcing and provide technical expertise during purchasing process.
- Responsible for all interfaces that are defined and documented including packaging of components.
- Coordinate requirements and design reviews with suppliers, e.g. DFMEA, DRBFM, Peer Reviews.
- Ensures parts are validated and available for key pre-production vehicle build milestones.
- Responsible for reducing warranty on current and future products to meet quality targets
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Electronic, Software or Mechatronic Engineering (CREA required).
5+ years of experience in electrical or electronic or software or mechatronics automotive product engineering:
Preferably Electric Power (e.g. RESS, generator, battery, EPM, IBS with knowledge of software and CAN communication).
Electronic Control Modules (e.g. BCM, EBCM, SDM, SBZM, application software, etc)
Infotainment & telematics systems (e.g. radio, Bluetooth, WiFi, telecommunication protocols, application software, antenna, etc.).
Advanced Driver Assist Systems (e.g. sensors, radars, cameras, application software, etc)
Understanding of the design validation processes.
Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of electrical and electronic circuits.
Analytical ability to solve problems.
Demonstrated proficiency in project management skills.
Effective interpersonal skills that focus and influence others in any different organization level.
This position requires you to be able to legally operate & drive a motor vehicle.
- Master's degree in engineering field.
- Experience in the GM component specification.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference and respective issues resolutions.
- DFSS Green or Black Belt certification.