This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategy:
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite up to 3 times per week .
Location: Concord, NC
GM’s Motorsports Software team analyzes, defines, and delivers next generation groundbreaking Motorsports IT software solutions. Using both innovative cloud-based infrastructure and software development standards, these solutions enable innovative interactions between GM Global Engineering, GM Motorsports, and our Race teams that accelerate our drivers to the finish line first! Our combined team of analysts, architects, developers, data engineers, testers, and project managers work with GM Motorsports Engineering and Race teams to ensure podium wins for GM’s NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA sportscar teams!
The GM Motorsports Cloud Architect will be responsible for designing, optimizing, analyzing, securing, and support our Cloud services. You will provide architectural guidance and technical expertise for our motorsports platform products, leveraging public cloud environments. This role requires experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, or GCP. The Motorsports Cloud Architect will work successfully across our product leads and development teams to build consensus in support of next generation motorsports platform products. This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished cloud architect looking to lead in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success of our motorsports platform projects by defining and designing architectures using a deep understanding of cloud computing.
- Use your experience in software engineering, cloud computing infrastructures along with your knowledge of cloud products to build reference patterns for our teams, and document them
- Lead efforts to capture and share best practices both internally and externally.
- Comfortable as a technical leader, using experience and your own curiosity to craft solutions then socialize them.
- Deep-dive technical discussions with product leads, developers, and race engineers with an ability to discover elegantly simple solutions that meet the existing needs of the team with an eye on consistency.
- At least 8 years architecture experience
- At least 10 years overall architecture and software engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Master's Degree preferred)
- Ability to support racing operations in an 24x7x365 environment when called upon
- Technical presentation experience, whiteboarding, small to medium sized presentations.
- Consensus building through your technical skills and background that reveal solution options in an informed manner.
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD, site reliability objectives
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.