This position is considered hybrid with 40% expected travel needs.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
General Motors is a dynamic and trailblazing automotive manufacturer at the forefront of data-driven decision-making. Our team drives innovation by using data to create tools that allow manufacturing teams to be more efficient and effective in building our customers world-class vehicles. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Data Analytics Lead to join our team and spearhead our data analytics initiatives. If you’re passionate about transforming data into actionable insights and have a track record of delivering value through analytics, we want to hear from you.
- Up to 40% travel to manufacturing plants, learning what the users and business needs
- Develop and implement data analytics strategies that focus GM Manufacturing’s objectives and business needs
- Coordinate the collection and management of data from various sources (systems, PLCs, vehicles, etc.), ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- Develop predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and statistical analysis to extract valuable insights and support decision-making
- Lead the analysis of data to identify trends, patterns, and insights. Create insightful and actionable reports and visualizations to communicate findings to stake holders
- Ensure data governance and compliance with data production and government regulations
- Evaluate and select appropriate data analytics tools and technologies, and oversee their implementation
- Collaborate with teams across the organization, including IT, finance, engineering, aftersales, and operations to integrate data analytics into various business processes
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in data analytics, and lead efforts to continuously improve data analysis processes
- Prepare presentations for various levels of leadership
- Monitor project progress and develop status reports, being able to identify issues and risks and escalate to leadership when necessary
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- 5+ years of data analytics experience
- BA in analytics or related field
- Demonstrated data integration and business intelligence tools skills
- Demonstrated experience with databases
- Demonstrated understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling/diagramming techniques
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred
- Familiarity with PowerBI
- Ability to mine data from disparate data sources