Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time, but the general expectation is that the employee be on-site an average of three (3) days each week.
Our team is looking for a 2024 PhD Intern – Map Data AI/ML Models to support the development of machine learning and statistical models and algorithms to support creating map content for our ADAS/hands-free driving technology, including Super Cruise. It is expected that the person supports a diverse team of scientists and engineers in their area of expertise. This will include leveraging state-of-the practice tools and techniques to produce innovative solutions to complex problems.
What You’ll Do
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to extract features and classify outcomes
- Analyze large datasets to discover trends and patterns
- Present complex information using data visualization techniques
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Robotics or related quantitative field
- Enrolled in PhD program in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Robotics or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with one or more core analytical tools/suites/libraries such as, Python and related IDEs, Spark, PySpark, PyTorch, TensorFlow, and understand their limitations
- Demonstrable proficiency in statistical modeling and machine learning
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience leveraging cloud computing tools and services
- Proficiency in geospatial analysis and mapping, mobility and behavioral analysis, and/or image processing
- Experience building and implementing active learning and/or reinforcement learning frameworks
- Experience with autonomous vehicle systems and/or ADAS technologies and related vehicle data processing and analytics
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2024 Student Program.
The salary range for this role is $8,000-$9,400 per month, dependent upon experience.
Benefit options are not available for this role.