On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis
As a Leader in Maintenance, you will be responsible for the supervision of salaried employees responsible for operations, maintenance, and repair of plant equipment. Work requires the ability to make decisions based on established procedure. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of GMS; focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE).
What You'll Do:
In this role, you will oversee a small to medium group of salaried maintenance Group Leaders. Leads the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and facilities aligned with standard GM maintenance systems. You will conduct appropriate checks and tests and communicates evaluation of results. Responsible for preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions, Recommends solutions to problems, and meets schedule and quality requirements in addition to the following responsibilities.
- Conduct appropriate checks and tests and communicates evaluation of results
- Propose and evaluate the processes for equipment in assigned area
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions
- Recommends solutions to problems, and meets schedule and quality
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
- Frequent contact and collaboration with others outside of the work group
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
- Participates in the selection of new employees
- Trains, develops and evaluates employees
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Leads technical guidance for complex and unusual plant operations or projects
- Assists in the development of budgets and forecasts within assigned area
- Obtains a deep knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- 5+ years in manufacturing environment
- 3+ years in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a technical role in manufacturing facility
What Can Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- CNC machining knowledge
- Kronos; Maximo
- Expert level Excel knowledge
- Reading Mechanical and Electrical prints
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $90,223-$144,122. Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE