Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: Ingersoll, ON – CAMI Assembly
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Manufacturing Engineer based out of our CAMI Assembly facility. In this role, as a member of the Assembly team, you will implement compliance initiatives, support quality in station capability, negotiate contracts, support the needs of the customer, maintain preventative maintenance programs, track PM's, follow up and ensure repairs to equipment for all three trade groups in the shop. To do this you will need to:
- Set the direction for the Department to ensure compliance with applicable safety standards.
- Provide technical/engineering support to assist production and maintenance in countermeasures for line deficiencies.
- Identify and implement controls circuit, ladder logic and improvements.
- Support quality in station capability through automation and equipment performance enhancements.
- Manage Operational and Capital project budgets and ensuring completion within budget.
- Administer department specific equipment projects in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Utilize CAMI Assembly skilled trades to ensure cost effectiveness through properly organizing activities.
- Implement counter-measures to address quality issues, reduce costs and improve equipment reliability.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure project activity has no negative effect on shop productivity.
- Identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement in all aspects of shop operation.
- Provide support to Production customer to meet scorecard objectives for Quality and Productivity.