- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or related graduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5 years relevant technical experience required in Security Architecture
- 3+ years of experience in the information security field
- 3+ years of experience in a large complex multi-vendor environment
- Information Security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional Certification (CISSP) AND/OR Certified Information Security Manager Certification (CISM) preferred
- Knowledge of Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Expertise in building application level Security, Risk and Privacy controls into cloud applications
- Possess significant knowledge of Application Security, Web Application Design, Secure design/Usage of API's (REST and SOAP) Information Security, Databases, Common Coding practices (both good and bad) and IT Infrastructure design
- Experience with technology components or platforms in the Open Source and DevOps environment and may include many of the following; Java, C#, Python, Ruby, AWS, Docker, Scala, Kubernetes, Node.js, JQuery
- Mobile application development and authentication (OAuth, JSON Web Token (JWT)
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.