The job has been added to the Job cart.
At the new General Motors, we are passionate aboutdesigning, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each andevery day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan onlyhappen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventingour industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilitiestouching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 timezones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developingnew vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our teammembers are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking tomake a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
As the Quality Engineer you will m
As the Quality Engineer you will manage daily project requests and help prioritize all data streams. Provide problem solving leadership for commodities. Develop quick containments with robust long term solutions to different problems as they arise. Present the Assembly Plant and Engineering Staff with clear problem definition and technical guidance on complex problems. Support Launch of new products in the plant when applicable.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Manage multiple projects with broad scope and high degree of difficulty.
• Generate unique technical solutions utilizing Seven Diamonds Process, Red X and other tools as applicable.
• Manage emerging issues and perform Spill Coordinator responsibilities.
• Eliminate supplier quality and engineering issues impacting GCA, Direct Run Losses and Warranty.
• Assist production in prevention of defect occurrence and recommend process changes.
• Work with Launch Team on new vehicle builds.
• Work with suppliers to address PRR’s issued and ensure robust countermeasures.
• Work with suppliers and engineering to develop inspection standards for parts and subassemblies.
• Share Lessons Learned with Engineering to prevent repeat design or build issues.
• Review of nonconforming parts and sub-assemblies for proper initial disposition and root cause follow-up.
• Coordinate periodic system and process audits at the plant and at suppliers.
• Support quality evaluation of new vehicles with engineering and production.
• Coordinate engineering change implementation. Assist in running PTRs.
• Team of 3 member, driving electrical improvements
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities