The job has been added to the Job cart.
Partnering Globally to Deliver Expert Facility Solutions
Unleashing the capacity of people, machines, buildings and workspaces
Job Posting – Facilities Electrical Engineer – Southeast, MI
As a member of our Global Team you will support the workplace transformation within a wide range of facilities that GM has around the world. You will work with an industry leading team that designs, builds/constructs, and maintains facilities and building assets for vast operating functions. Doing so in a safe, compliant, cost efficient manner that utilizes advanced technology to support social & ecological sustainability.
We create the future and not just plan for it!
Key activities you’ll be engaged in;
· Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at unbiased analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
· Strategic Planning - Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
· Customer Satisfaction - Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Delivering High Quality Outcomes – Engineering high quality, sustainable systems and processes that sustain future business productivity in multiple types of business units. Ensures that the facility management team is positioned to succeed amid changing business trends.
· Innovation Management - Bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
Key qualities you should have;
· BS Electrical Engineering (MS/professional certifications preferred) or equivalent training/experience
· Technical aptitude for design, maintenance and operation of industrial building electrical systems
· Experience in project planning, engineering and execution
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities