PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOTREQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WEARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Bedford, Indiana
About the role:
The GMIT LOS (LAN Operations Services) Specialist has responsibility for all LAN operations support including maintaining, administering, configuring, and troubleshooting the plant infrastructure.
- Support GM managed network infrastructure Hardware
- LAN Interface with outside groups (business, launch, vendors, suppliers, GTNE)
- Support incident and problem management/root cause analysis
- Support change management
- Deployment of GTNE created Changes/PCIs
- Perform/coordinate UAT/SAT for network changes
- Respond to network related alarms/paging notifications
- Perform sniffer captures in support of troubleshooting initiatives
- Maintain all monitoring tools to ensure all devices are being monitored and notification is in place. Includes AME, NNM, OM, Cisco Prime LMS & NCS, NetScout, HPNA, etc.
- Ensure monitoring is disabled (blackout) for planned changes and outages
- Maintain plant doco end device documentation, patching doco and device labeling
- Manage IP address assignments within the plant
- Ensure DDI is accurately maintained
- Ensure full complement of spare network Hardware is present and on-line
- Optimization efforts including alarm reduction
- Block Point
- Hardware refresh
- Daily syslog reviews
- Review network tools servers for potential network infrastructure issues
- MACD's (including LAN, IP telephony, printers, etc.)
- Wireless network management
- Verification that configuration backups are working as designed
- Wireless audits
- CNC remediation
- Ensure accuracy of asset management for network equipment
- Ensure timely promotion of engineering documentation (Netsetup, Netlogicals, etc..) to CMDBMaster
- Perform monthly TC inspections and maintenance.
- Perform T2O check for new deployments
- Fail over testing
- Support other GPO efforts such as server maintenance, client builds, etc…
- 3-5 years of LAN experience in an enterprise environment
- 10 years IT experience, or Bachelors degree
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills – ability to work cross functionally
- Willingness to support three shift plant (primary shift will be day shift) operations as needed.
- CCNA level of knowledge of wireless technologies
- Basic Security knowledge to assist in troubleshooting firewalls
- User level skill set of networking tools including: Cisco Prime LMS & NCS, NNMi, Netscout, Airmagnet, etc.
- CCNA level skill set with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
- Understanding of VLANs, NAT/PAT, VPNs, IPSec, and TCP/IP protocols
- Hands on experience with LAN sniffers and analyzers
- Basic Ethernet packet analysis skills in order to debug Ethernet/IP layer problems
Why General Motors?
AtGM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell theworld’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing oneof the largest information technology transformations in the history of theautomotive industry. GM IT is a leaderin cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-CriticalBusiness Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing.We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionalslooking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that isre-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
Thepolicy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants andemployees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color,sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors iscommitted to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offersopportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search orapplication for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In youremail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you arerequesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position forwhich you are applying.