As a member of the Global Product Development Validation team, the validation functional lead is responsible for ensuring OnStar Turn-By-Turn (TBT) is functioning properly, supporting back office implementation, connectivity and being delivered successfully to the end user. In addition this individual will be responsible for ensuring that the same system also supports successful delivery of mobile Navigation Apps to the end user via Android Auto and CarPlay. This individual will be responsible for the performance of TBT Navigation feature by validating the system’s end to end performance. Will ensure the infotainment/telematics solution for TBT functions per GM TBT Navigation requirements. Responsible for developing and executing validation test procedures for the infotainment validation group, with particular focus on Infotainment, TBT Navigation, Mobile Navigation Apps, Car Play, connectivity and Telematics vehicle systems. Lead a small focused group of test engineers in execution of written test procedures and ensure the status of all projects are reported accurately and in a timely manner. Review test specifications for issues and make recommendations to owner as needed. Participates in root cause analysis with product development team to resolve issues discovered during validation test execution. Participates in design reviews and DFMEAs. Maintain, author, and update validation test procedures, tool sets, and reporting tools as needed. Focus on continuous improvements for quality, efficiency, and costs through expansion of automated test capabilities.
- Develop and execute Global Navigation map and POI validation test procedures including ground truth analysis.
- Identify and develop the framework for collecting and analyzing Global Navigation POI address point data.
- Improve address search results for General Motors navigation systems, utilizing map extent geocoding.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis on defects related to map and POI data content for General Motors Navigation Systems.
- Identify systemic issues within the geocoding engine and POI search engine. Work with suppliers on solutions to improve performance.
- Identify systemic issues affecting system performance and create strategies to improve performance
- Select appropriate regression test cases to be run for software / hardware releases.
- Review test results, and write new test cases if necessary for new content
- Execute testing of infotainment / telematics applications
- Performs design analysis
s validation methods and procedures including automated testing
s automation system needs and acts a key liaison with automation tool development team to ensure projects are defined and executed accurately and in a timely fashion
s in-vehicle and bench testing including manual and automated testing
s all tests results are reported promptly and accurately
- Support the design of system test procedures (manual and automated)
- Lead a group of system test engineers in validating the turn-by-turn feature
- Meet team deadlines for product development and production timing
- Manages team’s workload priorities and identifies roadblocks to group lead or manager
s, coordinate s, and consult s with engineering departments and suppliers
s strong relationships with design release and development teams
- Anticipate and communicate validation roadblocks or challenges
- support testing at outside test facilities when needed with suppliers
- Travel as required for validation
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Basic Skills Required:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in validation of complex products
- Experience with definition, development, and deployment of automated test systems
- Understanding of in-vehicle networking protocols such as CAN, LIN, MOST, etc.
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, automotive bus tools, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the operation of internet and packet data protocols
- Extensive knowledge of automation test environments
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners
- Achieves goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments and switch between tasks as timing and resources dictate
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Hight level of professional integrity and personal accountability
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience validating Infotainment/Speech Recognition products and systems
- Experience with automotive electrical system.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor-based devices and systems
- Experience with environmental, diagnostics, and serial data testing
- Experience with PC driven test equipment and systems
- Experience with system level troubleshooting and analysis
- Skilled in development of DFMEAs for complex, interactive systems
- Experience with Ethernet protocol testing