The Sr. Financial Analyst in Internal Controls & SOX Compliance supports the Regional Internal Controls Manager and the Center of Excellence (COE) in providing process improvement expertise and driving effective controls management of financial reporting & compliance within the Region and throughout the Global program.
- Collaborate with groups of employees within controllers and Finance/Operations when planning, executing and assessing SOX financial reporting and disclosure control testing.
- Monitor compliance with Company Accounting Policies and internal control frameworks.
- Support the Region in monitoring for changes in business which impact internal controls over financial reporting, develop common processes, re-engineer and streamline processes and controls primarily related to GMNA accounting functions.
- Assist the Core team with various planning and oversight activities for compliance with the global program.
- Research internal control issues and collaborate with the business on appropriate remediation.
- Provide metrics for internal control compliance.
- Prepare, analyze, evaluate, and document internal controls testing assessments and results.
- Assist with performing SOX program scoping, planning, and review activities, and help develop and deliver program training material.
Undergraduate degree in accounting or business or equivalent experience/ training.
4-7 years of accounting and/or auditing experience.
Understanding of application and system access controls.
Experience in SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance programs.
Demonstrated project management skills and strong audit background (internal or external).
Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision on unstructured assignments.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent PC skills.
Demonstrated problem solving ability and ability to resolve issues under tight timeframes.
Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints.
Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally.
Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships.
Results orientation and proactive work style.
Embrace and manage change.
- MBA or Masters of Science degree in business field
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant or equivalent experience / training (Chartered Accountant)
- CIA - Certified Internal Auditor and/or CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.