General Motors (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) is a globally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908. Today, with 215,000+ employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100 countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineering and building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobility solutions.
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar.
Our culture is centered on being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for our customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions with the world around them. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
As state-of-the-art technologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed to maintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovative vision for the future of transportation. Learn more at http://careers.gm.com.
Mission: Design, build and sell the world's best vehicles.
The General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant has been producing World Class Quality vehicles in the Kansas City area since 1945. Fairfax Assembly was the first industrial facility to operate as a dual purpose manufacturer producing both automobiles and jet fighters in the same building. The present facility, constructed in 1985, has received numerous awards, including North American Car of the Year for the Chevrolet Malibu, as well as earning a top safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and J.D. Power recognition in multiple categories. In addition to the industry awards, the plant has received several capital investments, helping to make it the largest employer in the Kansas City Metro area. The plant workforce is represented by UAW Local 31 and currently manufactures the All-New 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. Fairfax Assembly operates on three shifts and produces one vehicle every 58 seconds. Since 1945, more than 12 million vehicles have been built at Fairfax.
This position is located at the General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant located in Kansas City, KS. We proudly build the Chevrolet Malibu.
As a Maintenance Group Leader at General Motors, employees work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment gaining valuable first-line supervisory experience. Employees utlize their knowledge and maintenance expertise to continually improve our manufacturing processes. Working in a team environment, employees must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills, be a risk taker and take pride in getting the job done right.
Supervise a medium size group of employees in a skilled area of work which involves the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general procedures and specifications. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
- Supervises construction and maintenance projects
- Responsible for diagnosis of equipment malfunctions
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
- Meets schedule and quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
- Implements divisional and Corporate policies
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of basic math including trigonometry
- Oral and written communication skills
- Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
- Ability to work any of three shifts as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Location: 3201 Fairfax Trafficway Kansas City, KS 66115
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.