Job Title: Safety Representative
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: Oshawa, ON – Oshawa Assembly Plant
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Safety Representative based out of our Oshawa, ON – Oshawa Assembly Plant. In this role, you will get the chance to design, develop, train and coach others on all items related to safety, and support the IRS (Internal Responsibility System). You will also assist in the design, development, review & implementation of safety policies & procedures. Provides shop floor support and partners with Unifor worker members to mutually resolve safety issues. Perform coordinator duties related to New Product Development equipment commissioning.
- Investigate, monitor, and resolve Health & Safety concerns, off standard conditions, breakdowns, testing, and recommendations or requests
- Interact with the Ergonomics, Production and Maintenance to resolve issues
- Ensure compliance with GM H&S policies & procedures and applicable legislation by ensuring management understand their responsibilities and communicating and training new and existing CAMI’s team members
- Initial contact for the MOL for reporting, review, posting of notices and follow up as required
- Assist MOL and JOH&SC in investigations and development of communications and reports
- Audit all policies on a regular basis to ensure compliance and amend based on any changes made to applicable legislation
- Establish and maintain working relationships with external contacts as required
- Conduct and analyze work refusal investigations, near miss reviews, and incident/accident reviews and hazard assessments while making recommendations on controls.
- Maintain and input Company safety training records