Job Title: Human Resources Information Specialist (HRIS) Specialist
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: Oshawa, ON - CHQ
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Human Resources Information Specialist based out of our Canadian Headquarters located in Oshawa, ON. In this role, you will get the chance to act as the single point of contact for the Canadian Human Resources and Labour Relations teams to help drive reporting through our global HR systems. You will act as the SME for PeopleSoft, Cognos, while maintaining our global HR sites while getting to work on some exciting HR initiatives such as Diversity, inclusion, Workplace of Choice and Recognition programs. To be successful in this role you will:
- Liaise with Global Business Services, IT, internal customers, and external vendors on global projects impacting Canada.
- Business Process Owner for Canadian PeopleSoft and act as HR SME for Cognos reporting.
- Perform PeopleSoft Operational activities security administration, data error handling, etc.
- Effectively develop and coach HR/LR Practitioners with regards to processes, applications, and functionality.
- Help develop and support IT solutions for HR/LR business process.
- Support implementation of the Global Business Services model.
- Maintain Canada HR intranet sites.
- Maintain HR Policies related to HRIS.
- Lead or participate in GBS/HR initiatives such as Diversity and Inclusion, Workplace of Choice, Recognition Program.