We are looking for Calibration Specialist for diesel engine and vehicle calibration. The selected individual will be located in Milford, Michigan and work with a global cross-functional team.
- Calibrate and optimize diesel fuel delivery compensation (FDC) controls and diagnostic functions
- Organize, plan, and coordinate test activities to develop and optimize calibrations
- Lead resolution of FDC issues found in all phases of vehicle builds
- Participate in vehicle development trips and related test activities
- Participate in calibration reviews in FDC area and vehicle program calibration team meetings to ensure a high quality calibration
- Develop, use, and suggest updates to calibration procedures
- Work with TRBs and RTSs to improve controls and diagnostic algorithms to better meet or exceed performance metrics
- Support development and validation of algorithms and new features/functions
- Responsible for OBDII diagnostics statistical analysis to show diagnostic robustness and detection capability
- Support Lead Calibration Engineer/Diagnostic Strategist to assure algorithms/calibrations to meet VTS/SSTS requirements and to release calibrations on time with high quality
- Communicate globally on issues that need support from TRB’s, RTS’s, lead calibrators, diagnostic strategist, and the management, etc.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in calibration (gasoline or diesel)
- Familiarity with INCA, serial data tools, control tech, and calibration methods
- Diesel Fuel system experience is preferred but not necessary
- Good communication and leadership skills are necessary
- Highly self-motivated individual is preferred
- Ability to travel at least three times a year, 1-2 weeks each time
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.