The job has been added to the Job cart.
At the new General Motors, we are passionate aboutdesigning, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each andevery day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan onlyhappen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventingour industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilitiestouching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 timezones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developingnew vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our teammembers are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking tomake a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Responsible for Controls Engineering and Electrical Support.
- Manages electrical projects including new, replacement, operations improvements, and periodic repair and replacement.
- Participates in functional area plant meetings and related functions to represent engineering and to assist in improving
the plant's performance goals.
- Provides technical support and direction to support personnel/skilled trades within the organization.
- Investigates systems and equipment problems and provides technical input in problem resolution.
- Develops cost estimates, investment forecast, business cases, appropriation requests and plans for minor project
- Coordinates with area manufacturing engineers and GMVO Engineering on new model process and equipment planning,
including model change, CQPI, throughput, sourcing, etc.
- Assist in the development of a project support plan between plant, GMNA, and contractor resources. Include paragraph
- Maintains proficiency in their field
- Coordinate with Body, Paint & GA to support/attain plant-wide goals (Business Plan Deployment)
- Performs supervisory functions as a working supervisor of financial, planning, site controls/systems support, safety &
QNPM within Central Manufacturing Engineering.
- Support GMS & Quality Network Implementation initiatives
- Utilizes statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems
- Enforces safe work practices as the highest priority & implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety &
- Maintains good working relationships with peers, hourly employees, union management supplier community & interfaces
with necessary support functions outside of the assembly plant.
- Develops and monitors planning timetables and projects schedules
- Utilizes best practices and common systems to support the overall competitive manufacturing initiative
- Coordinates and communicates the development of changes to improve conditions for the assembly process.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Bachelor's Electrical Engineer
- 2+ years of experience
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
Education and Training
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities