The job has been added to the Job cart.
SQ Launch Leader
You must be customer focused and results driven with strong project management skills, people leadership skills and communication skills. You also must possess the ability to effectively manage multiple demands of your time and resources to deliver exceptional launch results.
This position will require travel to GM build locations as plant events transpire. Approximate travel is up to 50%.
Plan and execute the flawless launch objectives within the global development processes (GVDP)
• Drive the organization to meet program metrics (PPAP, R@R)
• Implement the Global Launch Risk mitigation Process including:
o Compile and maintain list of key suppliers.
o Escalate issues through early identification of all Launch Risk (launch alerts) to enable quick response and appropriate risk mitigation
o Coordinate and schedule key supplier reviews based on list of key suppliers
o Coordinate, assign, and schedule Executive Champion Reviews
• Through Plant Launch events and other key product launch activities (IVER, PPV, MVB’s, SORP, etc) establish a clear and concise feedback and resolution process that focuses on building parts to standard
• Communicate Readiness of Program Status through bi-weekly/weekly Global Launch Report and Build Issues summary
• Track/support Harmony Reviews, Grain buy-off and AAR approvals as required
• Represent Supplier Quality and Development (SQ&D) at major reviews and problem solving meetings such as: PQRRs, Core IRT’s, VPR, etc. (as per Program Launch team expectations)
• Prepare and present SQ&D Deliverables at Program Quality readiness Reviews (PQRR’s) and SQ&D Launch Readiness Reviews
• Assist Supply Chain in understanding and overcoming roadblocks to getting parts to plant for MRDs where there are supplier issues
• Support CAB / EWO / TWO / EIT meetings in consultation with Program Management team
• Monitor build events (IVER, Matching, PPV, MVBs, etc.) and interface with Plant QE team
• Participate in regular launch meetings (GCA, IRT, PIT, Wrap Up, etc.) when available
• Capture, communicate and drive closure on supplier fault CTF, GCA, QAP issues
• Track timely closure of PRRs
• Conduct weekly analysis of PPAP, R@R, and RLA data. Drive metrics at Deep Dive meetings
• Coordinate Supplier Symposiums as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Basic Required Qualifications:
• Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
• High level of problem solving ability to effectively facilitate resolution of launch issues
• Excellent communication skills both one-on-one and in group situations
• High level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and facilitate others in group situations
• 3-5 years of experience in Supplier Quality, Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge of GM’s Supplier Quality standards, policies and procedures
• 5+ years of experience in Supplier Quality, Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering including experience in implementing advanced quality planning processes
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities