The job has been added to the Job cart.
General Motors (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) is a globally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908. Today, with 215,000+ employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100 countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineering and building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobility solutions.
Our culture is centered on being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for our customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions with the world around them.
As state-of-the-art technologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed to maintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovative vision for the future of transportation. Learn more at http://careers.gm.com.
Mission: Design, build and sell the world's best vehicles.
The Facilities Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for Electrical Engineering at the facilities level.
General responsibilities: Provide operating plants site and building facilities expertise. Assume responsibility for sustaining the existing facility assets. Manage 5 yr. forecast for asset refurbishment project requirements. Manage and deliver site and building facilities projects required to support manufacturing operations. Support Energy Conservation initiatives.
Assist WFG maintenance personnel with the operation of plant systems:
• Fire pumps - maintenance and testing
• Tank Farm - operation and spill prevention
• Fire protection - halon, CO2, sprinklers, water flow detection
• Power distribution Including Plantwide Buss System and WFG supported equipment
• General Building and Non Process Lighting - interior, exterior, emergency
• Security systems - cameras, card access, fire and watch
• Data distribution systems
• Non Process Power backup systems - UPS for computer room, diesel generator for waste treatment plant
• Evacuation sirens
• Facility related control systems
• College degree with major in electrical engineering or equivalent training/experience
Location: 3201 Fairfax Trafficway, Kansas City, KS 66115
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities