Autonomous Vehicle technology is a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering, deploying multiple new sensors, subsystems and features to the vehicle. In addition to the navigation and self-driving features there is also a need for new customer interfaces and infotainment features specific to this use case that are part of the Autonomous Experience. The individual who will be most successful in this role will have an interest in autonomous vehicle development, a good understanding of telematics technology, exposure to infotainment systems, be capable of developing validation plans, enjoy working in a fast paced energetic environment, and be passionate about a refined user experience. Responsibilities of the Autonomous Experience Lead Validation Engineer include:
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- The development and execution of robust validation plans that comprehend vehicle level features and systems that drive cross-functional requirements and integration, including regulatory compliance.
- Defining validation criteria and methods for vehicle level feature/system definition and functionality to meet performance requirements.
- Support System Engineers in defining interface requirements across Integration areas.
- Providing validation subsystem and component expertise to System Engineering Team.
- Collaborating with System Engineers in defining requirements and interface across domains.
- Participating in system DFMEA, Verification &Validation plans & Fault Tree Analysis.
- Providing status of System ADV plan executions to Validation EGM and appropriate PVE(s).
- Performing read across for validation testing.
- Participating in feature/system technical reviews as appropriate.
- Participating in resolution of issues involving interface to other subsystems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Solid understanding of telematics architectures and communication protocols
- Experience with Electromechanical Systems
- Knowledge of calibration development
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Excellent knowledge of the Vehicle Development Process
- Automotive development experience preferred
MS in Engineering
Experience (10+ Years) or demonstrated proficiency with Performance engineering.
Knowledge of calibration development
5+ Years of Controls experience
5+ Years of Active Safety experience
Understanding of HIL test methods
DFSS Greenbelt. Blackbelt preferred