Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- 1-3 years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android or iOS
- 1-3 years of experience in software programming in Java, C++ or Object C
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Experienced working with SCM tools like GIT, SVN or Clearcase
- Experienced working with Agile/Scrum development process and tools
- Experienced with Android Open Source Project development.
- Software development experience in Linux platform.
- Software development experience in a variety of embedded system.
- Experience with scripting, tool development and test automation framework.
- Experience with the development of automotive infotainment solutions.
- Experience with vehicle communication network protocols including CAN, MOST.
When you join one of the largest organizations in the world, you can expect a rewarding experience and benefits on a similar scale, this includes:
- A competitive total compensation package.
- Opportunities for professional development. (GM Higher Education Program)
- An environment, which encourages a balance between work and personal life. (Flexible working environment, vacation / Paid time off, Long weekends, Christmas shutdown and much more)
- A culture where collaboration and team work is fostered. (Participate and collaborate in variety of projects)
- A comprehensive benefit and retirement saving program to protect you and your family.
- GM Ambassador program (Option to Drive & Test our latest cutting edge connected cars once a quarter)
- A company that is committed to supporting organizations and programs focused on safety, STEM education, community development and environment & energy.
- Everything you need to develop your skills and realize your career goals.
For more information about General Motors of Canada or to search other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.gm.ca/careers.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.