About Us: At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Mission: Support global development of manufacturing process driven product designs, common tools and processes related to DynamicVehicle Test (DVT), Alignment, Head Light Aim (HLA) and Tire and Wheel equipment.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide single Vehicle Systems General Assembly voice to the ME execution teams globally for Machinery and Equipment (M&E) and tools for processing for DVT, Alignment, HLA and Tire and Wheel Equipment
- Support, train and mentor, VS Process MEs in execution and feedback loop
- Develop global manufacturing/assembly strategies to support PE Advanced Technology Work (ATW) and New Technology related to active safety and autonomous vehicle systems
- Define and maintain global M&E/BOE/tool vision
- Define and articulate M&E/BOE/Tools 3 Box
- Write and maintain Process Manufacturing Requirements (MRs)
- Write and maintain Global M&E/BOE/Tool equipment statement of requirements (SOR).
- Maintain the cost book.
- Maintain global read across of equipment key characteristics
- Develop and Maintain T&E Bulletins & Process Control Plans
- Work in conjunction with PPO to define equipment strategy for processing pre-production
- Support execution team with first application of M&E/BOE/Tool solutions.
- Review MPS studies.
- Drive quality process through PFMEA development
- Monitor Quality/Warranty and drive improvement
- Support PAL, PRTS-S, PFA activity as required
Success is measured by:
- Successful implementation of product requirements by reducing and eliminated launch issues
- Successful launch of assembly subsystems - on time, fully validated and within budget
- Subsystem benchmarks for Cost, Quality, Throughput, Floor-space, & Manpower
- Regional Assembly Verification Groups
- VS VAA Teams
- Regional M&E teams
- Assembly Plants
- Regional VS Execution Program Teams
- Vehicle Systems CMEs
- Product Engineering DRE’s, GSSLTs, BFO Interface
- Vehicle Systems Product and Process CME Organization
- Global TIEs
- Purchasing Representatives
- Vehicle Systems Automation and Conveyor Teams
- PFMEA Process Tech’s
- Equipment Suppliers
- Assembly Plant Personnel
Required Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing related experience
- Minimum 5 years M&E Tool Development in the areas of DVT, Alignment, HLA or Tire and Wheel. Candidate must have experience in some but not all of these areas.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical systems
- Outstanding analytical and technical ability in developing logical testing methodologies
- Knowledge of Roll Test and Alignment equipment and controls.
- Knowledge of PFMEA process
- High level of interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
- Familiar with End-of-Line Hardware Systems.
- Vehicle assembly process experience.
- Knowledge of GATS environment
- Familiar with regional AVG processes and job elements
- Assembly plant experience in either Production, Plant Engineering/Maintenance, Quality, or Industrial Engineering.
- Red X training
- DFSS training
• 4 year degree in a related field or equivalent experience software, process and tooling
• Engineering Degree preferred.
Special Requirements: (travel, flexible hours, relocation etc.)
• Some travel may be required
The policy of GeneralMotors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on anequal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion,national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteranstatus. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal EmploymentOpportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers includingindividuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assistwith your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.