This is a dynamic, fast-paced communications position that interfaces with engineering teams on a regular basis. Autonomous is one of the core pillars of technology for GM and as a result, this position provides an opportunity for interaction with executives at the highest levels of the company. In this role, the candidate will help plan, develop and execute activities to promote GM’s commitment to deliver an on-demand autonomous ride-sharing network. This position requires a candidate who is candid in his advice to leaders, creative, customer focused, results driven and has strong relationships with peers and media. The candidate will work daily with engineering and brand teams to drive GM corporate autonomous technology reputation momentum.
- Assist in managing communications activities for the autonomous technology team including:
- Strategic communication planning for GM’s autonomous vehicle technology and vehicle execution teams in Warren and San Francisco.
- Work closely with DC and regional public policy teams to leverage media to support autonomous-related legislation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with engineering, public policy, marketing and design leadership teams. Advise and participate in regular planning and launch meetings.
- Establish strong working relationships with brand and global communications colleagues to assist in development of key messages and asset support for technology updates.
- Identify story opportunities to enhance the company’s technology reputation to new audiences.
- Develop and maintain media print, photographic and video assets.
- Build strong relationships with targeted media and influencers.
- Liaise with business partner companies on integrated communications plans
- Provide guidance to engineering and product development leadership on communications strategy
- Develop speeches and presentations for brand and regional activities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven media relations expertise
- Prioritization - Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise and comfort dealing with senior leadership and media
- Creativity – proactively seek unique ways to tell stories
- BA in communications or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.