Maven is car sharing, elevated. As one of the fastest growing disruptors in the shared economy, Maven is changing how the world moves. As a PR professional, the candidate will craft compelling narratives, develop strategies to build the business and help Maven break through as a lifestyle brand. The candidate will work daily with Maven’s core business team to understand how to best position Maven and GM Urban Mobility across multiple media and consumer verticals.
- Develop integrated communications strategies to support Maven City car sharing initiatives in new and existing US and Global Markets including editorial outreach and influencer engagement with specific focus on East Coast Markets (New York, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago and Detroit).
- Craft compelling stories regarding the intersection of GM’s technology, leadership and innovation as relevant to GM Urban Mobility and Maven.
- Develop an effective narrative and engagement strategy which targets relevant forums for influential conversations amongst thought leaders in personal mobility and shared economy spaces.
- Curate Maven’s executive speaker’s bureau.
- Manage speaking and interview engagements for key members of Maven C-Suite including Chief Marketing Officer.
- Integrate closely with the marketing team to implement lifestyle paid and earned media campaigns.
Savvy - Comfortable with technology, IoT, shared economy. Excited and eager for the future of transportation.
Creative - Narrative development comes easy. Sees prose in everything. Eager to take seemingly unassociated items and craft a compelling story.
Unflappable – OK with change and ambiguity. Thinks quickly and on-the-fly. Dusts off, gets back up and right back at it.
Loves the hustle – thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Knows people - has experience managing paid and editorial influencers … and all the content opportunities that come with it.
- BA in communications or related field
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience