The US Sales and Marketing Accounting team is a strategic partner providing technical accounting guidance for sales incentive and marketing strategies to drive vehicles sales, develop dealer networks and commercial vehicles strategies in order to maximize revenue.
Supporting Incentives and Rental Car Accounting, the senior analyst works closely with finance and peers to interpret implications of new revenue recognition standards (ASC 606) for various incentive and rental car programs, including consolidating and reporting results of parallel close process. The work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative.
- Perform and support monthly accounting close including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform various financial reporting and analysis activities
- Perform and support parallel close requirements under ASC 606
- Assist in development of new accounting models under ASC 606
- Review contracts and prepare accounting concurrence memos and associated technical accounting whitepapers
- Research, analyze and apply accounting / reporting guidance relating to FASB and SEC rules and regulations – specifically revenue and lease accounting
- Identify accounting issues/risks, process improvements, and other matters and communicate such matters within the immediate team for further action
- Prepare SEC disclosures and audit committee slides
- Perform impairment analyses
- Perform SOX testing and support Deloitte auditors
- College degree with a major in accounting or business administration or equivalent
- 3 or more years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives under a stringent timeline
- Demonstrated problem solving, risk assessment and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Highly proficient personal computer skills and technology driven
- CPA and/or MBA
- 2 or more years of Big 4 or regional firm experience, including public company experience
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.